Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
- Be a citizen of York County, South Carolina.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be of good character and have no convictions of felonies or crimes involving moral turpitude.
- Not have any physical or medical conditions, which may be negatively affected by participation in this program. (example: Pregnancy)
- Be willing to sign a waiver, which exempts York County, the Sheriff of York County, the York County Sheriff’s Office and its employees from any/all civil liabilities.
- Only be allowed 2 ride-alongs per calendar year.
- Only be allowed to ride a maximum of 8 hours at any one time and only be allowed to ride between the hours of 0700 and 2400 midnight.
- Not be allowed to carry any type of weapon. Not interfere, in any way, with an officer’s performance of duties.
- Not be allowed to use cameras and/or recording equipment during the ride with the officer.
- Be required to be a witness in a court proceeding, if testimony is needed to bring about a positive verdict in the case for the county and/or state.
- Be required to assist an officer, upon his or her request and only under extreme emergency circumstances. In most cases, this would be contacting dispatch by radio and requesting help. Complete an orientation session with the (deputy/shift supervisor) concerning radio use, emergency procedures, etc.
- Dress Code: Male participants will be attired in dress shirt and slacks, or in a suit or sports jacket. Female participants will be attired in blouse, slacks, or suits. Jeans, shorts, sandals and barefoot will not be considered proper attire. Proper outerwear should be considered for existing weather condition.
This information will not be used for any purpose other than this program. You will be notified within 10 working days (excluding weekends) after your application submittal regarding your ride-a-long status. Please do not call with inquiries before that time. After that time, you may call 803-628-3058 with questions and/or follow-up.
List your state driver's license number.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field